No Expensive Products Necessary.
All it takes to maintain sparkling, dust-free shades is isopropyl alcohol, which can be conveniently purchased at almost any drug store. It is as simple as that; no costly cleaning products needed.
Using a lint-free cloth doused in this cleaning solution, simply swipe each shade firmly in one direction, and they will look as good as new.
Daily Use of Shades Equates to Less Maintenance.
In addition, the daily use of these shades helps keep dust buildup to a minimum. The regular up-and-down movement shakes off any existing grime, making your cleaning easier than ever.
The installation and operation of our shades is simple, and Halcyon Shades believes that cleaning should be no different. Daily use and simple remedies are all it takes to keep your purchase sparkling.
- Operate the shade daily. The up and down movement will “shake off” most dust preventing build-up. This also maintains clarity of the shade.
- It is recommended that the shade remain in the brackets or cassette while cleaning to prevent handling and reinstallation of the shade.
- Dust, wipe or dry in a single direction. Hold the shade taught with one hand as you clean with the other. Use a 100% lint-free cloth.
- To remove fingerprints, water spots or greasy residue, USE isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) or acetone on the lint-free cloth.
- DO NOT use abrasive cleaning or wiping materials such as paper towels, sponges, brushes or brooms.
- DO NOT use Windex or other ammonia-based window cleaning solution.
- DO NOT use any soap and water.
- There are no service-oriented parts supplied with the shade, so no adjustment or repair of the shade should be attempted by anyone other than the professional installer.
- To prevent damage, the shade should be in the rolled-up position in extreme windy conditions or when painting or refinishing around windows, wall or trim.
- Re-rolling by other than the use of the chain/cord roll-up device may cause the shade material to crease, dent, fold or become misaligned.
To learn more cleaning-related information, contact Halcyon Shades at (877) 977-4271.