Your family room sees its fair share of traffic. For that reason alone, you need to protect your family and furniture from the sun. One of the easiest ways to do just that is by investing in window shades. It’ll keep the sun off of you and your sofa.
Window shades come in a variety of materials, sizes, and colors to match your décor and add ambiance to your family room. When purchasing blinds for your home, take into consideration how much of an investment it is. Good window shades are worth their weight in gold.
Here are some very compelling reasons for adding window shades to your family room:
• Blinds reduce energy costs by blocking 97% of glare. This feature is ideal for watching TV and movies.
• They pay for themselves in as few as two years. Your home energy bill lowers making it the type of investment that lasts for the long haul.
• They block UV rays which protect your home’s occupants, visitors, and furnishings. People do get sunburns indoors.
• Blinds protect customers and employees from eye strain caused by glare. Office buildings reduce energy costs and create a more comfortable environment for workers by using window shades to control the amount of light streaming into a building.
• They provide privacy by blocking people from looking into windows. Protect valuables by not letting strangers see into your home or office building.
• Certain types of window shades allow buyers to earn up to 8 LEED points on certified projects. Who doesn’t want to create an energy-efficient environment?
Window shades are more than décor. They serve as an energy saving option for lighting, heating, and cooling your home. A family room is a high traffic area where everyone wants to spend time and feel comfortable. It only makes sense that every window in this area of your home has blinds, drapes or window shades.
For more information about window shades, call Halcyon Shades at (314)-282-8088.