Whether you’re looking to update your window treatments or you’re just starting out with basic designs, these top trends in window treatments are a great way to get your designer juices flowing!
The Latest Trends in Window Treatments
• Organic Materials – Natural wood and woven shades are very popular window treatments. Wood such as bamboo, maple and birch are also trendy with decorative hardware. Many people enjoy the look of organic materials as well as the way it diffuses light into a room.
• Luxury Fabrics – If sparkling chandeliers and luxurious surroundings make your heart beat faster, then fabrics such as velvets, silks, suede, fur and leather are probably right up your alley in window treatments!
• Soft Textiles – Grosgrain and velvet can be found in fashion and in window treatments. Many times you’ll see soft textiles used in the ribbon details on drapes or blinds. Sometimes these delicate touches go a long way.
• Bold Prints – From geometric designs to attractive floral patterns, bold prints and stripes offer a playful and youthful appearance for window treatments.
• Color – Colorful window treatments can really dress up a room. Some popular hues include ocean colors like aquamarine or teal or soothing palettes like lavender and grey. Of course, jewel tones are another favorite color scheme as well.
• Green Design – Many people are choosing green design for their window treatments to help conserve energy. Some shades, such as honeycomb shades, are designed to reroute wind and cold away from the inside of the house. Another popular green window treatment for sliding glass windows is solar panels. These panels not only reduce the UV penetration into your home, but they also help to transfer heat and reduce glare.
Sun Shades are the Fastest Growing Trend in Window Treatments
Window treatment trends are always changing, but when doesn’t change is the need to provided energy efficient sun protection for your home or office with sun shades. Halcyon Shades are designed to provide a stylish option for keeping your home or business cool and looking its best.
If you live in the St. Louis area and would like to learn more about our wide selection of energy-efficient shades, contact Halcyon Shades at (314) 282-8088.